Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ode to a cold

I have many, many hours of sick leave. I really just do not get colds very often. But when I do, I get a good one. On Thursday, my body overcame my general willfulness to be the person who doesn’t get sick and on Sunday, I am still sick. There does seem to be an edge of wellness creeping up.

I have read a book, We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. I watched 7 episodes of Glee, I watched Mulan, twice, and Kung Fu Panda 2 once. I have eaten three cans of chicken noodle soup, homemade vegetable soup, a Filet O Fish sandwich, mint Milano cookies and a Preacher’s Parfait from the Merc. I have drank over 64 ounces of water, numerous cups of tea and a couple of grapefruit juice and vodkas. I have ingested much Vitamin C in various forms.

And I have blown my nose.

This fabulous box of Puffs, my tissue of choice, was 2/3 full on Thursday morning.

I am now going to look online for poetry dedicated to the cold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you know at the beginning what the system needs to do and how it needs to do it, you can do most (if not all) your design up front.