Sunday, January 8, 2012

a cat in a window


I struggle with self-discipline. Here are good reasons why (justifications?):

1. I attended 20 elementary schools, K-6
2. I might have Attention Deficit Disorder
3. See 2 & 3

I am not lazy. Based on my career experience, I know this is true. I work very hard and am successful enough.

I am looking for good suggestions on how to create one area, outside of work and dental hygiene, in which I can successfully be self-disciplined.

Here is a picture of my Aunt and Uncle's cat in Mississippi.




Happy second week of January 2012.


5 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hey Carrie. I think you are very self-disciplined. You're too hard on yourself. You are a hard worker, loving, and generous.

If you are looking for an area, how about walking? That is what I am working on currently. I'm trying to adopt a "just do it" attitude.

Carrie said...

Steve and I went for walks yesterday and today. It would be great if we could figure out how to keep that up.

I am looking more and more at the ADD concerns. Yesterday, I completed several hours of work while listening to several podcasts of This American Life. As long as I could hear the program I kept working, moving on to the next thing. If I paused to answer the phone or something and failed to restart the podcast, I found myself doing something entirely different than I had been. It is weird. I might start journaling/blogging about this.

ITPros said...

I think I might follow you for awhile. At least until something distracts me and I forget to come back.

My wife and I have been discussing my undiagnosed ADD at the age of 58. Don't know if my insurance will cover a pro. I accomplish a lot but never finish anything and it's starting to affect my performance. Ok, it's always affected my performance but others are starting to take notice.

I look forward to reading you and hope I can glean some benefit for myself in the process. Thank you.

Carrie said...

@gwhitt -I am inspired to post more.

Unknown said...

However, any design you come up with should support your functions, and in fact be intrinsically tied to it.
cheap nfl jerseys