Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy doesn't always mean life is great

Let me start by saying (and I feel like I often start blog posts with this sentence) I am happier than I have ever been. My life is coming together in many ways. I love my job, I am enjoying and thriving in my romantic life. My children are absolutely amazing. And I truly have great support in my life. My mom is recovering from surgery though. So I am feeling a bit grumpy. She was diagnosed a little over a month ago with a Craniopharyngioma. The surgery went well but recovery is slow. And I am bored. I am not good at making use of downtime. Perhaps a blog post is in order but I really feeling like I'm so negative that despite all of my happiness, I don't want to write a blog post. None-the-less, here it is.

Perhaps later I will whine in more detail.


4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hi Carrie. I am just now noticing that you posted! I hope that your mom is progressing nicely in her recovery by now.

I'm going to spend time updating my planner today and hoping to ink you in for November! We will have so much fun and it is good to have something to look forward to.

Sister1 said...

Hi Carrie, I was a little slow in realizing you had a blog, I saw your comment on Mary Beth's blog that referred to it so here I am.

Anywho, I recently heard a report on NPR about some researchers who want to change the frequently asked question where people rate their level of happiness. They feel we would get a much better picture of people's lives if we asked them to reflect instead on their overall satisfaction. Happiness is an emotion and therefore transient and amenable to fluctuations from events (like the illness of a loved one) while satisfaction is more of a steady state; a climate vs. weather type of thing.

Clearly you are very satisfied and frequently happy. When you feel grumpy, embrace it over a glass of wine with someone. Maybe someone with 2 small and demanding kids who would love to get a call for a glass of wine (hint hint). Hope your mom is well!

Eric Degen said...

scientology sekte kirche glaube religion

heyhey u have a nice blog
cya

Unknown said...

Luvly. Thanks. Please see my Blog :Indrailsearch.blogspot.in regarding tourists places in India. I m sure that u would find it very interesting and informative. Rajinder Pershad Jindal from New Delhi, India